Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Desert Blooms

I just came across these photos I had taken earlier this year and they instantly put a smile on my face. Nothing like some beautiful flowers to put a song in my heart and just generally put me in a cheerful mood. I happened to come upon these incredibly beautiful roses as I was driving through a neighborhood about ten miles from where I live. Fortunately, I had my camera with me.

Can you imagine such incredible yellow flowers on a cactus, no less? And this purple prickly pear cactus happens to be in my very own yard. This was the first time this cactus bloomed for us after having been planted about three years ago.
Who says the desert has no color? This tree and the two that are further in the background are living proof the desert can be loaded with color. What's even better is that they happen to be growing adjacent to our patio in the backyard. Morning coffee never tasted better than when it's being sipped at the patio table underneath this stunning canopy of magnificent blooms and overlooking the golf course.


Credits: Funky Frames by Kimla Designs at After5Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment